Since its introduction in 2010, AgilePM has fast established itself as the world’s leading framework and certification for Agile project management, with over 150,000 exams sat worldwide.
Accredited training and certification will help individuals to:
- Apply the underpinning philosophy and principles of AgilePM in a project situation
- Appropriately configure the lifecycle of an Agile project to a given scenario
- Identify and apply popular Agile techniques in a project situation, including MoSCoW prioritisation, iterative development and timeboxing
- Understand and assign roles and responsibilities within an Agile project
- Understand the mechanisms for governance and control of an Agile project
- Understand how to test, estimate and measure progress in an Agile project
- Describe and apply the Agile approach to managing requirements.
Who is the Foundation Level for?
- Practising project managers.
- Agile team members looking to become Agile Project Managers .
- Individuals pursuing the AgilePM Practitioner Certificate.
What are the key things you will learn?
- The underpinning philosophy and principles of Agile.
- The lifecycle of an Agile project, including alternative configurations.
- The products produced during an Agile project and their purpose.
- The techniques used and their benefits and limitations.
- The roles and responsibilities within an Agile project.
1. A tried & tested corporate approach:
- Based on the Agile Business Consortium’s Agile Project Framework (established for over 20 years).
- Provides governance & rigour along with the agility & flexibility demanded by organizations today.
- Adopted by a wide range of organizations representing various sectors & industries.
2. Addresses the full project lifecycle (beyond product development):
- Informality of many agile approaches is daunting and sometimes perceived as too risky.
- AgilePM offers a mature approach offering agility & flexibility whilst retaining concepts of a project, project delivery & project management.
3. Clear roles & responsibilities:
- AgilePM assigns clear roles & responsibilities to each person in a project, representing the business, solution/technical, management and process interests.
- AgilePM advocates close collaboration, open communication & team empowerment to break down potential communication barriers.
4. Quality, governance & risk management:
- AgilePM advocates high-level acceptance criteria at various stages throughout the project lifecycle to ensure solutions meet the business need & project objectives.
- AgilePM directly addresses common risks for projects, incorporating a Project Approach Questionnaire for understanding risks & their mitigation.
- One of the framework’s underlying principles is Never Compromise Quality.
5. Popular agile practices incorporated to support effective solution development:
- MoSCoW Prioritisation
- Iterative Development
6. Integrates with existing processes:
- AgilePM was designed pragmatically to work alongside more formalized project management approaches such as PRINCE2®, and can be dovetailed into formalized quality processes such as ISO9001.
APMG International AgilePM Foundation Exam Summary:
|Exam Name||APMG International Agile Project Management – Foundation|
|Exam Code||AgilePM Foundation|
|Exam Fee||USD $330|
|Exam Duration||40 Minutes|
|Number of Questions||50|
|Format||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Books / Trainings||Find a training provider|
|Sample Questions||APMG International AgilePM Foundation Level Exam Sample Questions and Answers|
|Practice Exam||APMG International Certified Agile Project Management – Foundation (AgilePM-Foundation) Practice Test|
APMG International Agile Project Management Foundation Syllabus Topics:
|Lifecycle and Products|
|People and Roles|
|Planning and Control|