Lean practices have been employed by organizations across a wide variety of industries in order to optimize processes and performance, with the focus on speed, efficiency and removing waste.
Lean Green Belts are specialists in executing Lean projects, often related to lead time reduction.
With the right combination of specialist expertise and structured Lean methodology, the Lean Green Belt is equipped to achieve significant improvements in performance and quality.
Certify your ability to:
- Understand current processes to know which steps are wasteful and which add value.
- Improve processes to reduce cycle time and costs, increase revenue and improve collaboration.
- Champion a Lean culture to sustain improved processes and build momentum for additional improvements in other areas of your organization.
Who is the Green Belt for?
Lean Six Sigma Green Belts are specialists in the implementation of Lean Six Sigma projects. With the right combination of expertise, statistical analysis and structured Lean Six Sigma methodology, Green Belts are able to achieve significant improvements in performance and quality. A Green Belt can work alone or as a junior project manager in a team, or as a team member in a larger Black Belt project.
What are the key things you will learn?
- The general philosophy of process improvement.
- The role and responsibilities of leadership to coach and inspire improvement teams.
- The way improvement projects should be executed starting with the identification of customers and their requirements and including a number of project management roadmaps, team formation, the project charter and a number of Project Management tools.
- Tools and techniques to visualize, analyze and improve the logistical flow of processes.
- The proper and organized work environment, reliable equipment and standardized work required.
- The application of Six Sigma and statistical tools to assure a valid and reliable performance.
- The application of Six Sigma tools in the product development process with the objective to design products and processes that will perform effectively.
- Achieving the full Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification includes submitting two Lean Six Sigma projects for review by LSSA.
- Each project must demonstrate savings / cost reductions of at least €20,000 per year.
- Each project must be endorsed by the project champion and financial controller.
- The practical assessment must be completed within 3 years of successful completion of the Green Belt theory exam.
APMG International Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Exam Summary:
|Exam Name||APMG International Lean Six Sigma Green Belt – Foundation|
|Exam Code||Lean Six Sigma Green Belt|
|Exam Fee||USD $600|
|Exam Duration||180 Minutes|
|Number of Questions||60|
|Format||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Books / Trainings||Find a training provider|
|Sample Questions||APMG International Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Foundation Exam Sample Questions and Answers|
|Practice Exam||APMG International Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt – Foundation (Green Belt) Practice Test|
APMG International Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Foundation Syllabus Topics:
|World Class Performance|
|Process Improvement Deployment|
|Level I – Creating a Solid Foundation|
|Level II – Creating a Continuous Improvement Culture|
|Level III – Creating Stable and Efficient Processes|
|Level IV – Creating Capable Processes|
|Level V – Creating World Class Products and Service|